A Muskoka Thanksgiving
October 5 - 8, 2012
Revel in the colours, fresh air and flavours of a classic Canadian Thanksgiving at Deerhurst, where there's still lots to do and enjoy for a weekend getaway. Start with an idyllic Muskoka autumn setting. Mix in your pick of adventure, add a dash of live entertainment, and tuck into a bount of harvest flavours. It's all here, in one easy-to-get-to spot.
Best Ways to Stay
Muskoka Your Way with $100 credit: Do more, spend less! Use your credit for dining, sports, spa & more.
Muskoka Bed & Breakfast: Wrap up your getaway essentials for just $10 more than regular rates.
Harvest Flavours - Sunday, October 7
Reserve your holiday feasts in advance at 1-800-461-4393, option 3.
Muskoka Harvest Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet in Eclipse: Executive Chef Rory Golden and his team serve up all your favourites from Muskoka-raised turkey with local touches like Bala cranberries and sage & apple bread stuffing with chestnuts plus heapings of harvest vegetables and salads, cedar plank salmon, carved loin of peppered beef and a delicious autumn collection of homemade desserts. See full menu here.
Thanksgiving Sunday Brunch: A perfectly indulgent way to start the day.
Fall Colour To-Dos
Book your activities in advance at 1-800-461-4393, Option 3
- Scenic Boat Tours: A leisurely cruise of Peninsula Lake and the historic canal
- Hikes to the Lookout: Bring your camera for stunning views of Deerhurst
- Horse-drawn Rides: Climb aboard a carriage, or saddle up for a trail ride
- Treetop Trekking: Zip, climb, swing high atop the fall colours
- Tee it up: Some of the best views are from the golf courses
- EZ Cat, Fishing Boat, Canoe or Kayak rentals: View lakeside colours at your own speed
- Hummer Tours & Rock Buggy Rides: Rev up your weekend
- Paintball Games: Don’t get distracted by the fall colours!
- Bionx Bike Rentals: Explore Muskoka the easy way with power-assist bikes
- Great Fall Drives: Explore colourful routes to Algonquin Park, Dorset and Huntsville
More for Kids & Families
- Indoor Rock Climbing, Stargazer's Ridge Amusement Games & Indoor pool
- Kids & Ponies and Kids'n Critters: Fun at the stables for little ones
- Family Night at the Stables:Unlimited pony and wagon rides, barn tours & campfire (Saturday)
- Kids Play Golf Free: Budding golfers 5 – 12 years play Deerhurst Lakeside free with paying adult
- YMCA Children’s Programs & Drop-in: Creative play, crafts and more!
- Dance Lessons on Saturday, October 6. Mom's and Tots from 9:00 10:00, Hip Hop from 10:00 to 11:00, Dance Latin Workout from 11:00 to 11:45, and Salsa for couples from 12:00 to 1:00. Book in Advance by calling the Sports Desk, 705-789-7113 Ext. 4475.
Decades 2012 Rock to our newest revue of top pop hits from the 50’s to today, in this fun, fast-paced show suitable for whole family. Book your seats for the Saturday or Sunday night performance in advance.
Please reserve activities, Thanksgiving dinner, spa, show reservations at: 1-800-461-4393, option 3
There's always lots going on in and around Huntsville, just minutes from Deerhurst.
• Muskoka Heritage Place
• Huntsville Downtown Adventures
• Group of Seven Outdoor Gallery